Answer the following questions using details from the text. Be sure to restate the questions in your answer.
1. How do the events in the park contribute to the rising action of the plot?
2. How does Johnny’s past experience with the Socs affect his behavior in the park?
3. Explain how Johnny and Ponyboy feel about their time hiding out in the church.
4. Do you think it was difficult for Ponyboy to change his hairstyle? Why or why not?
5. What significance does the novel Gone With the Wind hold for Johnny?
6. In the poem that Ponyboy recites, what do you think is the meaning behind the words
“Nothing gold can stay”?