Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year at Ray Elementary.
On behalf of the middle school team at Ray School, welcome back to school! We hope everyone had an excellent and relaxing summer. We are looking forward to a school year filled with a continued love for learning and growth. We look forward to meeting you and working with you in building your child’s education. Parental support will be necessary in order for all students to reach their potential and strive to succeed beyond it.
We are looking forward to a very successful and exciting year and we know you are too. We have high academic and social expectations for your child and will do all that we can to help your child achieve those expectations. It is our goal to provide all students with an educationally challenging, yet fun, experience in our classrooms.
Below you will find some needed information about some of the classroom policies.
Please let your child know that homework is important. Homework will be assigned daily. Homework assignments reinforce concepts learned in class and are used to assess the student’s understanding of those concepts. Incomplete and missing assignments will result in grade reduction. Homework should always be completed neatly and on time. In addition, long-term projects will be introduced and worked on in class and at home. Due dates will be fair and strictly enforced.
Only your child’s best behavior and work are expected and accepted at all times.
All students must:
1) Be on their honor. Students must do their own work on homework, class assignments, tests
2) Respect themselves, classmates, and teachers.
3) Do their best. Always give 100% and be positive.
4) Be in attendance and be on time.
5) Students shall not engage in activities that could cause harm to themselves or others.
6) Students should respect themselves, peers, and their teachers. They shall not talk to or
about themselves, another student, or a teacher in a disrespectful or inappropriate manner.
7) Students are to have all homework completed on the day it is due.
8) Students must be prepared each day by having proper materials.
9) Students should dress in a respectable manner and follow the Ray Parent and Student handbook.
10) The policies in the Student Code of Conduct book must also be followed.
Current grades are posted regularly for student and parent viewing. Use CPS Parent Portalto view student grades and attendance. Our classroom blogs include many of the assignments, assignment due dates, and a variety of other helpful information.
Thank you for your commitment to your child's education and we look forward to seeing you in the very near future.
The Middle School Team