I have listed the following due dates (provided below) to help students pace themselves and to make history fair more manageable. A hard copy of this information along with the history fair judging sheet was provided to students in class.
2016 History Fair Due Dates
Exploration, Encounter, Exchange
- Friday January 29 - Annotated Bibliography Rough Draft due - Bibliography with THREE sources related to your project in proper bibliographic (Chicago Style) format with annotations (one-sentence explanations of how each source is helpful in studying your topic).
- Thursday February 4- Preliminary Thesis Due - A thesis statement tells us in one or two sentences what you are going to argue for in your project. It is your answer to your historical question & relates to our theme!
- Friday February 19 - Project Outline Due (Paper draft, Board Mock-Up, Documentary outline, or presentation script rough draft)
- Friday March 11 - History Project & Annotated Bibliography (at least 6 sources) DUE
- Friday March 18 - School History Fair - located in school cafeteria
- Saturday April 9 - Metro Junior History Fair held at Lane Tech College Prep - *applicable to those who qualify*
- Thursday May 5 - Illinois History Expo in Springfield, IL - *applicable to those who qualify*
Helpful and Important Links!
History Fair judges Rubric
Documentary - Checklist
Exhibit - Checklist
Paper - Checklist